Sunrooms in Atlanta, GA
A Standalone Sunroom Perfect for your Backyard
Add a breath of fresh air to your backyard. Perhaps you’re looking for more space, a reading room, or a man cave…the possibilities are endless. Regardless of the reason, many people simply enjoy sunrooms in Atlanta because it offers the airiness of the outdoors without the nuisance of bugs or risk of sunburn.
What You Need To Know About Our Sunrooms
Since its creation, vinyl has become the material of choice for the exterior of backyard buildings and enclosures. Vinyl is lightweight, durable, and rot and corrosion resistant. While the vinyl exterior provides exceptional protection, what’s underneath the exterior matters as well.
Underlying the vinyl siding exterior are pressure-treated wood skids, pressure-treated floor joists, and half-inch plywood. The sunrooms we build also come with long-lasting vinyl windows, just like you might have in your home. Vinyl windows are an obvious choice because they are energy efficient and low-maintenance.
We take pride in the quality materials and craftsmanship that goes into each sunroom we build. Each Green Acres Outdoor Living sunroom is built with high-quality materials. We have sunrooms available in three styles: Octagon, Oval, and Rectangular. You also have the option to choose shingle and siding colors to match your unique décor and tastes.
- 4″ × 4″ Pressure-treated skid. Pressure-treated wood resists rotting and insect infestation.
- 2″ × 6″ Pressure-treated floor joists (16″ on center [O.C.]). The term “on-center” (O.C.) simply refers to the distance between individual joists, studs, and rafters. In this case, it’s 16 inches.
- 5/8″ Plywood floor
- 2″ × 4″ Wall studs (16″ O.C.)
- 1/2″ Plywood walls
- Double 4″ vinyl siding
- 40″ × 60″ vinyl windows with screens
- One 6′ sliding glass door or entry door with a 15-lite window (dependent on model)
- 2″ × 4″ rafters (16″ O.C.)
- 7/16″ roof sheathing
- Tar paper & 30-year architectural shingles. We use “arch” shingles because they are thicker than traditional asphalt shingles. This added thickness makes them more resistant to wind tear-off. Arch shingles also have a design feature that prevents black streaking caused by algae.
- Vented cupola. A decorative touch that is also functional and allows heat to escape.
Delivery & Set Up
Once you’ve customized your sunroom, Green Acres Outdoor Living will deliver and place your sunroom on site. Find out more about our delivery and site prep services.
Visit Our Showroom
We encourage you to visit us at our showroom in Marietta and welcome your call at 770-792-0156 . We have helpful service specialists ready to answer any questions you might have about our sunrooms.